Brainfuck is an esoteric language created by Urban Müller. Having only 8 instructions, the language is easy to learn, yet hard to master (and it's practically impossible to write a useful program, despite what Turing might say). Brainfuck Golf is a contest, modelled after Perl Golf, with the goal of writing a shortest program to do a certain task.
You can get a Golf-compliant Brainfuck implementation, written in Python, here. It might change, because no one yet knows what
exactly should "Golf-compliant" be. It is placed in public domain, and you can
do whatever you want with it.
- Dec 8, 2002
- A new contest! It will run from now until 12/23/2002. For information, look
on the Current contest page.
- Nov 1, 2002
- Brainfuck Golf is not dead! Contest #1 was not held on Sourceforge, as there
were some problems which took a long time to fix; but now everything seems to
work, and the third contest should start soon. Also, the Brainfuck
sourceforge is now open for public discussion.
- Aug 16, 2002
- Added a link to the Brainfuck Golf
discussion group. Thanks to Marcello Mamino!
- Aug 10, 2002
- The first (or rather 0th) Brainfuck Golf contest is over! You can see the
- Aug 9, 2002
- Wrote the (very simple right now) CGI interface. Now people can submit
programs, which will be then judged automatically.
- Aug 8, 2002
- Site created.
This page is managed by me, ayzik at shaw dot ca, but Brainfuck Golf
is mainly discussed on the Esoteric Languages mailing list.